Project Manager, Water Operations
From the office to the field, the #EQTeam is fueling the future. Power your potential with us.
At EQT, we are making strides toward becoming the best producer by creating long-term value for all stakeholders, including employees, landowners, communities, industry partners and investors. Our vision is to evolve EQT into a modern, connected, digitally enabled organization.
With an incredibly collaborative culture and a determined, progressive workplace, EQT was both named a National Top Workplace, as well as one of Pittsburgh’s Best Places to Work!
Join our Qrew!
Here is how the Project Manager, Water Operations (PA) role will impact our business:
The Project Manager, Water Operations (PA) position involves interfacing with many teams across EQT (including Planning, Operations, Engineering, Safety, Environmental, Permitting, and Civil Construction) along with gaining a fundamental understanding of how things work at the field level. This role, which is specifically focused on PA operations, involves ensuring water pipeline and trucking operations comply with both EQT standards and applicable environmental regulations.
The Project Manager, Water Operations (PA) responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand constraints and regulations that apply to PA water operations
- Developing operating plans for Water Operations team
- Water supply, storage, and gathering
- Work to ensure operations remain within compliance
- Managing project level budgets and timelines
- Lead process improvement projects
- Work with Land, Permitting, and outside consultants to develop and submit new Water Management Plans
- Train water transfer vendors on relevant reporting processes.
- Work with local water authorities and third-party water suppliers to establish pricing and verify invoices
- Provide and document all necessary government notifications and registrations for new withdrawals in a timely manner
- Communicate regulatory requirements to contractors building and operating freshwater withdrawals:
- Routinely supervise construction to ensure regulatory compliance
- Routinely supervise operation to ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor rates, volumes, hours, passby flows, and gauge heights for all active water withdrawals:
- Ensure regulatory compliance for rates, volumes, hours, passby flows, and gauge heights for all active water withdrawals (minimum frequency: daily)
- Distribute updates on active stream withdrawals (minimum frequency: weekly)
- Perform timely submittal of regulatory water reporting for PA
- Routinely inspect inactive freshwater withdrawals to ensure regulatory compliance
- Audit historical data at regular intervals to ensure recordkeeping compliance
- Manage water levels in inactive impoundments:
- Permit and oversee land applications
- Coordinate water hauling
- Stay up to date with PA regulatory requirements
- At least 2 years' experience in managing multi-disciplines for Natural Gas, Utility or Petro Chemical Industries
- Bachelor’s Degree (science or business preferred)
- Ability to contribute to a team environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and effective application of software programs
- Ability to think analytically and solve moderately complex problems
- Must be flexible with working conditions and job locations
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and corporate applications
EQT Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.