Product Development - Connected Products, Platforms, and Services - Manager
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Product Development and Manufacturing (PD&M) team expertly combines Strategy, Operational, and Digital consulting capabilities to help our clients innovate, develop and manufacture products in a manner that helps establish differentiated products, significantly increases operational efficiency and drives new levels of enterprise-wide growth in a connected world. We pair our functional expertise with PwC’s deep industry sector experience to create unmatched value opportunities with our clients in the Industrial Products, Consumer Markets, Pharma Life Science, and Technology Media Telecom industry sectors. We foster and encourage a teaming culture that rewards collaboration, diversity, and inclusiveness while working diligently to drive value for our clients.
Our Connected Products, Platforms and Services team works in the exciting space where physical and digital products intersect to create innovative smart/connected products for our clients.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Aerospace Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Physics, Engineering Mechanics, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering & Management, Production Engineering, Biomedical Science, Computer and Information Science, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Demonstrates extensive abilities, knowledge, and/or a proven record of success in leading or facilitating project management or client consultations in the areas of product development and manufacturing, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, in one of the following core industry sectors including, but not limited to:
- Industrial: Automotive, Aerospace, Chemicals, Industrial Manufacturing, or Construction;
- Technology: Hardware/Electronics, Systems, Software, Semiconductor, or Telecommunications;
- Life Sciences: Pharma, Bio Pharma, & Specialty Pharma, Medical Device, Medical Technology & Diagnostics, Generics, or Animal Health; and,
- Consumer Markets: Food & Beverage, Goods, or Vertically Integrated Retail.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting or industry in two or more of the following capability areas related Connected Products, Platforms and services, including the ability to translate this experience into leading-practice strategies and processes for our clients:
- Define business strategy and operational capabilities for connected physical products;
- Define and/or design connected product user requirements, features, etc.;
- Define and/or blueprint IoT device connectivity and network infrastructure;
- Define and/or blueprint IoT platform and IoT data;
- Understand IoT cyber risk analysis and mitigation;
- Define and/or design software, UI/UX, apps & end-user systems;
- Define and/or design hardware, firmware, and OS;
- Define and understand execution of product testing and validation;
- Oversee/manage MVP product launch and Agile DevOps;
- Extract data and assess cognitive insights & analytics;
- Design data governance, and define data protection elements; and,
- Define connected products pricing and contracting models.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success to lead and work with a diverse team including:
- Demonstrates the ability to build, maintain, and utilize networks of client relationships;
- Possess advanced problem solving and analysis skills;
- Possess advanced spreadsheet, presentation and document development skills;
- Possess detailed value case development skills;
- Possess the ability to interpret financial statements;
- Possess engaging interpersonal skills;
- Possess collaborative and ‘can-do’ mindset;
- Possess financial modeling skills;
- Possess the ability to influence and shape thinking of peer level client resources;
- Possess the ability to lead a workstream team;
- Possess the ability to develop/coach resources; and,
- Possess client presentation skills.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager
PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.