Plant Mechanic 3973
Safely execute assigned tasks and responsibilities following the best-demonstrated practices with a self-driven attitude. Complete tasks efficiently within a reasonable amount of time without having to rework. Willingness to learn.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (Essential Functions)
- Always adhere to environmental policies and procedures.
- Learn cement plant equipment as quickly as possible in order to execute repairs.
- Execute assigned jobs and maintain an open vision, follow what is written in the work order and inspect the surroundings of the job site for additional issues.
- Job execution must be done in a way that follows best demonstrated practices for the industry with a minimal amount of supervision. Expectation of no rework.
- Demonstrate ownership over operating conditions that are related to the executed tasks. Verify if the result of the task performed is within the expected results.
- Demonstrate excellent attitude that fosters a positive working atmosphere.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures (Fuller pumps, vane compressors, belt conveyors, fans, etc.), according to the training received and seniority level.
- Within the first six months in this position, must learn the normal range of operation of all the equipment of the plant, and inform the supervisor of any deviation from the normal parameters of operation.
- Systematically perform visual inspections of plant equipment that are part of the main task assigned. Also visually inspect the other parts of the equipment in the area.
- Occasionally, clean the area where the job is going to be executed if needed in order to conduct the job properly and safely. Always clean the area by removing parts or scrap generated, after the job is completed. Always replace the guards and remove safety devises before releasing the equipment for production.
- Communicate with Supervisor about any small problems found during the inspection or execution as part of the main task assigned. If problems found are critical and it can be executed with current knowledge and training then it should be done, otherwise if not critical report the problem to your supervisor so they can create a work order.
- Ensure prompt communication with maintenance supervisor regarding findings about the overall condition of equipment.
- Inform the Mechanical Supervisor (using the designated channel) of all the parts used in the executed job and the details of the repair. Charge out parts retrieved from stockroom.
- If trained, must consistently use the precision maintenance tools (torque wrenches, caliper, filler gauges, belt tensioner, gap reduction measurements, thicker tester, temp. measurements tools, bearing extractors, etc.) when required.
- Provide the Supervisor with all the details of the job performed (spare parts used, problems during the execution, suggestions for improvement for the next time, etc.)
- Never take short cuts that jeopardize safety or the quality of the job.
- Follow the work schedule (start time, breaks, lunch, etc.) established by the plant.
- Responsible for completing area audits.
- Always maintains work area and equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Responsible for abiding by and support all company and plant safety policies, rules, and procedures as well as M.S.H.A. regulations.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Educational Skills and Experience
- High school Diploma or GED preferred.
- 2 years experience in mechanical work in the capacity of maintenance technician or as a lubricator technician.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K, Paid Leave and Bonus Program
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And many more
Capitol Aggregates Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.