Part-time English Education Field Experience Supervisor
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a pool of open rank, part-time faculty positions in the Department of English for the academic year 2023-2024. These positions are on an as needed basis. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- Student teaching/clinical supervision of English Education candidates during placements at North Cobb and Kennesaw Mountain high schools
- Teaching in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats
- Maintain regular communication with Supervising Master Teacher KSU liaison
- Attend required KSU field experience seminars and other meetings related to field expericence supervisor role
- An earned master¿s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a discipline related to English/English Education or a related field.
- An earned master¿s degree, or the foreign equivalent, in a non-related discipline with 18 credit hours in the teaching discipline.
- At least 5 years teaching experience
- Employed as a full-time English teacher at North Cobb High School or Kennesaw Mountain High School
- Academic coursework in English Education
- Experience mentoring teacher candidates
- Experience teaching in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts and/or international equivalency evaluations (Official Transcripts and Official International Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least 3 references to be contacted as needed
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Darren Crovitz 470-578-6598, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
Kennesaw State University At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.