PLC Control Systems Engineer
Job Title: PLC Control Systems Engineer
Location: Houston, TX / East Hartford, CT (Onsite)
Duration: Full Time
Cyient Inc. has an opening for a Control System Engineer position to work with our Power Engineering team in either Houston, TX or East Hartford, CT. As an ideal candidate, you should have 8+ years of experience in Control System Engineering, and experience with Industrial Gas Turbine Equipment. You will have design and field engineering experience in the oil and gas and power generation industry for package and systems engineering.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in programming as well as the ability to develop and implement standard engineering practices and provide detailed documentation during project development.
- Support the development of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs based on the contract documents and System Control Narrative using the PLC manufacturer’s Programming Software.
- Participate in installation of developed application software and required vendor software, and verifies their proper execution.
- Interface with third-party vendor systems via industrial communication protocols, when applicable.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), when required.
- Extract system requirements based on form, fit and function that’s currently at customer’s site and define new requirements based on upgrade solutions sold.
This position may require regional/overseas travel for project meetings and startups.
You Will Need:
- Bachelor's in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of experience in an Engineering role or Master's Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering and 6+ years in Engineering role.
- Experience with gas generator/rotation equipment, package and sub-system designs.
- Holistic control system programming experience with thorough proficiency with Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000/500.
- Experienced with certification and code requirements (Awareness of Electrical Codes & Standards; IEC, NEC, IEEE, UL for components certification.
- Must be well versed in the practical application of industry codes, certification requirements and standards for different regions and countries (API, UL, CSA, ASME, ATEX, IEC, etc.)
- Ability to travel to site location, as necessary (10-15%) and internationally, if needed.
- Experience/Exposure to HMI development software packages & activities (HMI/SCADA Software Project Development, Graphical Animation of Process Data, Process Data Entry and Display, Alarming andAnnunciation, VB & VBA Programming, Trending, Data Logging of Process Data, Industrial Network Communication Design and Implementation) will be an added advantage:
Rockwell Factory Talk, PanelBuilder or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Techspace Solutions At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.