Operations Supervisor - Night Shift
Steel mills are primarily interested in producing steel. Doing that takes a partner with technical expertise who can cover the other critical operations smoothly. Peace of mind on the critical support services means freedom to focus on steel making. We allow steel mills to do just that. With 60 years of solid experience in Steel Mill Services, we provide service, reliability and experience.
We are the world leader in providing a wide variety of steel slag, scrap and specialized material handling services to steel mills.
This position will work night shift 6pm-6am
Operations Supervisor Responsibilities
- Managing a shift (turn) for a metal scrap handling and metal recycling facility. Equipment used is heavy duty construction type equipment such as front end loaders, off road trucks, and hydraulic cranes. Processing is done by use of conveyor systems, balers, shears and shredding.
- Will work closely with the mill management team on a daily basis
- Attends meetings with the mill management team
- Oversee approximately 8-16 employees on a shift
- Document and address safety concerns that may arise on site
- Experience supervising union hourly production, maintenance or transportation employees in a heavy industrial environment a plus.
- Knowledge of safety programs and computer literacy are required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug screen and background check
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability begin the 1st of the month after hire
- Paid Time Off - personal and vacation
- 401(k) match up to 6%
- Bonus Pay
TMS International At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.