Responsible for determining the validity of quality functions and/or processes throughout the support functions – Customer Service, IT, Purchasing and PPIC. Maintains the support functions’ Quality Program and accompanying documentation to appropriate standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for reviewing and auditing Quality procedures for adherence to PTC Alliance Quality System, procedures and the PTC Alliance Quality Manual.
- Provides reports to respective functions for appropriate corrective measures.
- Monitors and supports Measurement Systems for the plants.
- Assists all support departments in quality planning and implementation of quality related procedures.
- Answers technical questions raised by support functions and directs quality training for them as required.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Maintains affiliations with appropriate technical and/or professional organizations or associations. Including but not limited to ASTM, and ASNT.
- Primary responsibility for assisting outside auditors, inspectors, suppliers, and customers with respect to quality, specifications, audits and customer surveillance visits.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Four-year college degree or equivalent to college degree with 7 - 10 years of experience in quality administration.
Number of Direct Reports: 1-2
Job Titles of Direct Reports: Quality Technician
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and/or public groups.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be computer literate and able to work with programs such as WordPerfect, Excel, etc., and be able to learn and use HP programs such as e-mail, established programs, etc.
Ptc Alliance Llc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.