On-Site Apartment Maintenance Supervisor
Aperto Property Management, Inc. is a full-service, fee-based apartment management company for conventional and affordable multi-housing communities. At APM, Inc., our mission is to simply be the best apartment management company in the United States and to provide quality management, professional service, and superior operating results to our clients and residents. APM, Inc.'s full-scale property management platform provides a complete and comprehensive leasing and management service for acquisition rehabs, stabilized assets, and new property lease ups. We pride ourselves in providing unmatched service.
Aperto Property Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced qualified Maintenance Supervisor to become a part of our team in San Pedro, CA.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities for the property, including working with all maintenance staff and third-party contractors. The Maintenance Supervisor will have a well-rounded background in plumbing, electrical, appliance maintenance, and training and development of onsite maintenance personnel. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all levels of apartment maintenance.
- Ensure service requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Select and vet vendors for contracted work and ensure they are providing expected results.
- Schedule and complete apartment turnovers
- Repair major and minor issues with equipment and buildings.
- Monitor supply and parts inventory.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ year's general maintenance experience with at least 2+ years' experience in a supervisory/team lead role.
- Knowledge of the apartment industry and skills required for plumbing, appliance repair, electrical duties, and fire alarm panels.
- Demonstrable computer abilities, Windows (Word and Excel), Internet and email, and other, relevant applications; Yardi experience a plus.
- Availability to participate in on-call emergency rotation and respond to emergencies after hours as needed.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Dependable transportation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to drive others toward maximum customer satisfaction
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good negotiation skills
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Aperto Property Management, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.