Neuroscience Account Manager (Psychiatry) - San Diego, CA
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a Neuroscience Account Manager who wants to join an innovative and dynamic sales organization. We are seeking top talent to join our high-performance sales team to make a difference in patients’ lives every day and be part of building a great company. The primary responsibility of the Neuroscience Account Manager, which reports to the Neuroscience District Sales Manager, is to exceed the established goals by delivering real value to our customers through differentiated products and services.
- Execute and promote products in alignment to sales strategy in the assigned territory.
- Frequent collaboration with the District Sales Manager to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute, and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement, and monitor optimal resource (i.e., budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advanced selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build, and leverage advocacy channels.
- Secure product access and reimbursement within institutional systems as needed.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance with all laws, regulations, and Vanda Policies.
- Continued employment requires meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers, customer facilities, and state/local governments.
- Additional, ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- BS or BA with GPA greater than 3.0.
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical sales experience preferred.
- Atypical anti-psychotic experience and/or orphan drug experience preferred.
- Preferred specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered.
- Reimbursement experience preferred.
- Existing relationships (or those within 24 months) with psychiatrists and/or Community Mental Health Centers in the assigned territory is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving history.
- Self-Starter, Goal and Results driven – proven track record of above average results.
- Possess fortitude to sell and compete and driven with ‘hunter’ mentality.
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred.
- Ability to travel (may include overnights).
- Out-of-territory travel to HQs, training, and sales meetings may be required.
- Work hours may include meetings scheduled outside of normal working hours.
- Must reside within territory geography.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.