This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Network Technician II
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and work that matters to our community.
The Organization: The Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) is a growing, innovative, and mission-driven Agency in Lower Queen Anne, Seattle. We are committed to housing equity throughout the city, fostering an inclusive workplace for our 650+ employees. Our focus is expanding housing opportunities, building strong communities, and promoting race and social justice equity.
SHA's talented workforce has made us a nationally recognized leader in housing and development. We embrace diversity and create an environment where employees can thrive. Benefits include competitive pay, flexible work arrangements, learning opportunities, and affinity groups.
At SHA, we value your unique perspective and background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification. Our hiring practices prioritize diversity and equity. Learn more in our diversity policy and equity policy.
The Position: We are seeking to fill a Network Technician II position. The Network Technician II will, under general direction, be responsible for the maintenance and implementation of all personal computers, thin clients, and printer equipment within SHA to insure proper operability. This includes configuration, coordination, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring, remote connectivity, and the development of specialized procedures. Assist in maintaining the agency's WAN/LAN environment. Evaluate new products and/or services, maintain appropriate security levels and file management policies. For additional information on the job, please see the full posting.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online NeoGov application by clicking the Apply buttonin the upper right-hand corner of this posting.
- The work experience and education sections should be updated with your latest information. SHA does not accept external attachments for resumes and cover letters.
- Answer the Agency-Wide questions. Please note that if this is not your first SHA application, you should still review and update the agency-wide questions.
- Answer the supplemental questions, if applicable.
- Five years’ experience working with personal computers as it relates to network hardware and software installation, configuration, operations, and WAN/LAN system management, including a minimum of two years’ experience in office automation training.
- High School Education or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related field is preferred.
- MCSE preferred.
- Respond to requests for help received via email, telephone and/or directly from the SHA Help Desk Software. Provide support, resolve questions or problems, or refer to appropriate personnel. Use the IT Help Desk system to enter, update and maintain appropriate support tickets. Record service activity and status information including, but not limited to opening new support tickets, updating status on existing tickets and closing completed tickets following IT standards.
- Answer the IT help desk phone line and provide support, resolve questions or problems, or refer to appropriate personnel. Use the IT Help Desk system to enter, update and maintain appropriate support tickets. Record service activity and status information including, but not limited to opening new support tickets, updating status on existing tickets, and closing completed tickets following IT standards.
- Perform basic equipment repairs and coordinate with the outside vendor service if more complicated repairs are needed. Ensure that the malfunctioning equipment is repaired efficiently and completely.
- Assist in maintaining the agency's WAN/LAN environment. Develop tools and procedures for daily operational support of WAN/LAN users; support development activities that require specialized system programming relating to the WAN/LAN environment; create and modify user profiles and manage accounts; maintain systems' filing cabinets and associated utilities to optimize operating efficiency; maintain the integrity of the WAN/LAN processing environment and ensure continuity with the current processing applications. Monitor and report WAN/LAN system performance and usage.
- Analyze employee needs and recommend appropriate hardware and software solutions to optimize workflow and efficiency. Working with the manager, plan and coordinate the purchase, installation, and implementation of new or upgraded office automation hardware and software.
- Maintain software and hardware registration and inventory and install upgrades as necessary to ensure appropriate security levels are maintained. Help maintain spam filters and anti-virus software updates. Monitor compliance of users with IT security policies. Notify management when security has been compromised.
- Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing field of personal computers, thin clients, and printers, and use state-of-the-art techniques when implementing solutions.
- Troubleshoot and repair personal computers, thin clients, and printers. Report to other network staff any potential problem areas which may adversely affect network performance in the future. Work independently to support all Windows servers providing connection services for the entire agency. Maintain integrity of Windows accounts and data. Perform recovery when required.
- Install personal computers, thin clients, printers, and related software. Setup and maintain Windows accounts including adds, changes, and removes.
- Monitor system logs and activity on all servers; replace defective hardware on clients and servers as necessary; install and maintain/update project and task tracking tools. Provide scripting and programming support.
- Participate in the implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit, program, and department initiatives and goals, Authority core strategies and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork, and respect. Work respectfully and courteously with other employees, follow directions, and work well under pressure.
- Ensure that all safety and health rules, standards and procedures are observed; conduct monthly self-inspections of work areas and practices to eliminate potential hazardous conditions; arrange for, conduct, and ensure that accident investigations of all accidents are formally reported on-or-within the next work day of when the accident occurred; monitor and enforce the Authority's Safety and Health Program, and actively support and participate in the Emergency Preparedness program and tasks.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- We offer medical, dental, vision insurance, and Public Employees' Retirement (PERS)
- We also offer generous paid leave and holidays.
- Reasonable hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
Seattle Housing Authority At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.