National Account Manager I
The National Account Manager I plans and directs the National Accounts sales team operations. The National Account Manager I ensures National Account sales and profit objectives are achieved. The National Account Manager I identifies and secures new business opportunities within National Account. The National Account Manager I provides National Account with superior sales & customer support. The National Account Manager I manages the activities of other account managers or field service employees. The National Account Manager I manages the Home Depot business account.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with the Director of National Accounts to forecast and prepare sales quotas and sales plans for the National Account.
- Ensures that the sales team grows profitable sales.
- Utilizes customer POS & Inventory data to effectively manage and grow Hillman categories.
- Conducts quarterly customer business update to review POS data, identify SKU rationalization opportunities and new item replacements.
- Performs line reviews and annual business reviews with existing accounts.
- Travels frequently in North America. Observes local traffic regulations and follows safe driving practices.
- Develops and implements the National Account business plan for the National Accounts group, including profit and loss, operations, budget forecasting, and sales goals.
- Develops annual and multi-year sales strategies to meet sales and organic growth targets.
- Works with customer and Hillman sales & service staff to set up program details for new business.
- Acts as the site liaison for rollouts.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the company’s products and Field Service operations.
- Assists the Field Service Department with the development and maintenance of account procedures.
- Leverages internal and external learning opportunities to coach, train and develop direct reports.
- Knows and follows the company’s human resources policies and procedures. Adheres to applicable employment laws.
- Provides periodic feedback to team members to improve performance and customer service.
- Communicates regularly with sales staff to provide information, answer questions, and assist with issues.
- Develops and maintains solid working relationships with all National Account internal & external associates.
- Communicates regularly with field service staff to provide information, answer questions, and assist with issues.
- Works with marketing staff to develop and implement promotional programs, design, and create plan-o-grams, and acts as the logistics liaison for special events.
- Monitors store openings and closings; establishes logistics with the appropriate Hillman staff.
- Organizes and attends trade shows and conventions.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA and 5-7 years of experience in big box retail environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience within Consumer Products Industry
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, able to interpret and action data with fact-based selling skills
- Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Consultative selling orientation
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Entrepreneur Spirit
- Strong presentation/communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Results driven
Office: Office setting. Seldom exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Loud working environment of the shop area. Functional vision and hearing required.
The Hillman Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.