National Account Manager
At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Secure profitable sales of security systems and services through developing long term relationships with multiple companies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the National Account Manager may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Identify national, regional and multiple location companies within a specific geographic territory.
- Develop business and social relationship with decision-makers of national, regional and multiple location companies.
- Assist potential customers in the specification of bids prior to any Request for Proposals.
- Promote the full product line and services offered by ADT/P-1.
- Solicit local ADT/P-1 branches and authorized subcontractors to perform site surveys and prepare local pricing estimates.
- Prepare detailed proposals for all systems and services to be sold, and assist in the preparation of all contracts.
- Provide both oral and written presentations to potential customers outlining the equipment and services proposed by ADT/P-1.
- Negotiate and close all contracts presented to potential customers.
- Obtain accurate central stations information required for the monitoring and service of the account.
- Assist the installation, service, and billing departments as required.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications - External
- Advanced knowledge of Closed Circuit Television, Access Control, Burglary, Holdup, Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices
- Computer skills with expertise in word processing, preferable Microsoft Office and database applications, and advanced presentation skills with proficiency in Power Point.
- Must have good customer service skills and be able to apply tact, diplomacy, reason and logic.
- Must have strong communication skills to assist internal and external customers.
- Requires skills in business math, interpersonal relations, judgment, and listening.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints including floor plans, risor diagrams, sprinkler plans and HVAC plans.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle, push, pull or feel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to carry a lap top computer and other necessary demonstration equipment when visiting customers.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to travel in an automobile on a daily basis to visit customers, ADT/P-1 branches and authorized subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent experience with a concentration in management, marketing and sales and five years industry experience.
- National account sales experience is preferred.
ADT At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.