This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Multi-site Maintenance Technician
Our Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each community’s success. They are our repair experts who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Maintenance Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every resident’s satisfaction. Maintenance Technicians are personable, technically skilled individuals with a keen eye for detail, an ability to learn new skills quickly, a curiosity for how things work, and a passion for working with their hands.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will work with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
WHO YOU ARE
- Technically Savvy. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and technology and are quick to learn new skills.
- A Clear Communicator. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting teammates and residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing and maintaining allplumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Respond to service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Know the make-ready schedule. You’ll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Reliable and consistent form of daily transportation to and from work, including after hours for emergencies
- Computer proficiency and frequent daily use of / proficiency with a Smartphone with updated software (either a personally owned or company-issued device)
- Rent discount
- 9 paid holidays, including both scheduled and floating holidays, for eligible full-time employees for each calendar year.
- 5 days paid time off, accrued on a weekly basis
- Health Care Plans: Two medical plan options. Plan offers 100% coverage for preventive care and lets you choose from a network of health care providers. Dental and Vision coverage are also available.
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance are covered 100% for full-time employees
- Short-term and long-term disability (STD and LTD) are both offered if you are unable to work due to a non-work related illness or injury
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employees have the opportunity to invest in the success of the company by purchasing shares of Equity Residential stock (“EQR”) at a discounted rate(or per year)
Equity Residential At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.