Mobile Engineer - HVAC/R
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) works with clients to make real estate a significant contributor to organizational productivity and performance. Our account management model is at the heart of our client-centric approach to delivering integrated real estate solutions. Each client is entrusted with a dedicated leader and is supported by regional and global resources, demonstrating the industry's most robust platform. CBRE GWS delivers consistent, measurably superior outcomes for our clients at every stage of the lifecycle, and across industries and geographies.
About the role
- Working under limited supervision when supporting assigned service calls, applies intermediate skills to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, building systems and equipment, vehicles, and grounds within a geographical area/route potentially across multiple sites. Monitors building system operations and performance. Uses several trade skills such as welding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling. Must be flexible on schedule.
What you’ll do
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Document progress as tasks are completed.
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Performs light carpentry, plumbing, electrical, patch and paint, welding, occasional furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed. (Other tasks as assigned)
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC/R, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC/R.
- Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders vital materials and supplies to finish the tasks. Uses CMMS to detail work order progress and note completion.
What you’ll need
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record with periodic checks
- Possess vital skills to functionally operate a "full size" van/truck
- Licensure as mandated by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Consistent track record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Strong understanding and utilization of safety practices
CBRE At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.