Medical Logistics Supply Technician –Emergency MGT
Day shift: 8 working hours in between 6am-5pm
Night Shift: 8 working hours in between 5pm-6am
Summary: Logistics support services for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Department of Emergency Management. Tasks are performed in an office while seated at a desk as well as in a warehouse. The duties will include general warehousing operations, forklift driving, receiving, stocking, selecting, and storing medical contingency items, pick-up, and delivery of general or specialized materials and equipment.
Required Experience: 3 years’ experience providing administrative and logistical support services for a department with multiple program areas.
Required Education: High School Diploma
- Above average agility and dexterity.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic logistics/materials management skills and knowledge of supply regulations.
- Record maintenance skills.
- Data Base management skills.
- Ability to use personal computers and related software applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Be able to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities and strategic planning.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Be able to create, compose and edit written material.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides support services for the Department of Emergency Management. Includes the following program areas: Hospital Decontamination Program, Emergency Planning, Training, and Exercises, National Disaster Medical System/FCC Operations, Contingency Resources, and Hospital Command Center Operations.
- Conducts custody control, inventory, maintenance, distribution and rotation of all emergency management equipment, supplies, and stockpiles.
- Performs a variety of associated administrative, logistical, staff support and planning activities to include assistance with equipment management, facilities and inventory management, specialized record keeping and database management, and/or specialized information-gathering projects and tasks.
- Assists with the development, planning and execution of “all-hazards” emergency preparedness exercises in accordance with Joint Commissions and Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program standards.
- Assists with training all command members on their individual response roles upon activation of the command’s Emergency Management Plan.
- Assists with administration preparation of command correspondence, instructions, and notices.
- Maintains files, documents, and associated records pertinent to emergency management mission requirements.
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars; schedules and coordinates meetings, facilities usage, events and/or travel arrangements.
- Publishes meeting agenda and minutes, as required.
- Assist with the coordination of office administrative services daily.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assures all project assistance is provided as needed daily.
- Assists with the development, planning and execution of a minimum of two full scale emergency preparedness exercises and up to 5 drills or tabletops per quarter in accordance with Joint Commissions and Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program standards
- Assists with training of over 7,000 command members on their individual response roles upon activation of the command’s Emergency Management Plan.
- Ability to drive 4 wheel -6000lb electric forklift in a warehouse environment.
- Proficient in utilizing the Defense Medical Logistics Stand Support system (DMLSS) for basic inventory management and tracking procedures.
- Will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling turn-in of unserviceable medical supplies and equipment
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.