Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Position Title: Material Coordinator
Key Client/Matrix Reporting Relationship(s):
Reports to: Area Supervisor
General Description with Scope:
Transport direct materials, tooling, supplies and finished goods to designated areas in the facility using hand trucks, HiLo’s, cranes or other material handling equipment. Load and unload trucks for the receipt and delivery of materials.
Knowledge in cycle counting, warehouse operations, pull systems and FIFO inventory management.
Willingness to work rotating continuous seven-day work cycle.
1. Operate HiLo’s to the standards required by safety policies and procedures, including driving HiLo’s at a safe speed, watching out for pedestrians, performing and completing routine maintenance HiLo check list on a daily basis, and reporting any damage to company property to supervisor immediately.
2. Prepare requisitions and submit to maintenance/purchasing for HiLo’s requiring attention.
3. Manually, or by using hand truck, HiLo’s or cranes, perform various material handling duties in the facility.
4. Manually load raw material or finished product on skid or by hand truck.
5. Load and unload trucks using HiLos or cranes.
6. Be sure that all collapsible dunnage is collapsed before stacking in designated area. Stack skids or pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, strapping, chips and other disposable materials, and place in proper containers or designated areas. Remove all old tags off empty containers.
7. Using required tools such as hammers, wire cutters, strapping tools and crowbars to prepare material for shipment or use within the facility.
8. Replenish Raw, W.I.P., finished goods and MRO items, as assigned, to the point of use. Verify that all material is properly labeled before moving to next location.
9. Rotation of stock to ensure FIFO; taking physical inventory of material as requested.
10. Assist with cycle counting and pull system programs as directed by supervisor.
11. Hand count or weight count on any partial bins being pulled off the line due to changeover, and store by yellow railing on receiving dock for proper retagging of the material.
12. Perform general housekeeping duties; i.e., empty chip hoppers daily.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Valid Michigan driver’s license.
Valid hi-lo license.
Experience with operating overhead cranes if assigned to hi-bay area.
Must be able to work any shift
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Dana Incorporated At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.