Marine Superintendent - Heavy Civil Construction
Design a career and build your future... Because it matters!
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Marine Superintendent with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field for marine, heavy civil, structural concrete, and grading projects. Applicants should be extremely detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and must have the ability to think out-of-the-box to find solutions to both routine and complex construction problems while continuing to push the project forward.
Prefer that applicants have experience on heavy civil projects including work around dams, hydro facilities, water/wastewater facilities, and fish hatcheries. Key attributes would include an understanding in dewatering, excavation, large diameter pipe installation, and complex concrete structures (either new build or restoration/renovation of existing structures). This position requires 100% travel.
- Enforce safety and quality control policies among employees and subcontractors to ensure the project runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Direct work-flow consistent with the project schedule and communicate project priorities to office staff and subcontractors.
- Maintain a daily diary of all activities and site conditions and manage the punch list and closeout process for the job.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all subcontractors and clients.
- Ensure accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets and understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- 10+ years of construction field superintendent experience in heavy civil industry
- Must have a great attitude and the ability to motivate team members on site
- Strong scheduling background
- Change management background
- Must have strong computer skills and should have experience in working on Microsoft Office related programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have experience working with scheduling software such as MS Projects, Primavera, or other applicable programs
- Travel is required 100% (company pays per diem for travel 70+ miles away from home)
McMillen, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.