Manager Surveys Mapping & Field Service
PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 125,700 - $ 211,900
Incentive: PIP 20%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This position will oversee the survey and mapping function for PSEG Enterprise, including all gas and electric transmission and distribution utility projects for inside and outside plant work, including linear developments and Power projects. This position requires a Professional Land Surveying License in the State of New Jersey, and is required to be listed on the PSEG Certificate of Authorization to perform land surveying services. This position is qualified to certify the accuracy of all geospatial data used by the Business.
- Partner with the Director of Environmental Projects and Service, Director of Engineering, and Directors of Planning and Projects in the development and implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives designed to assure the highest levels of performance, attainment of business unit and/or corporate goals, and attainment of target metrics. Interact with executive leadership and key internal stakeholder groups including corporate real estate, legal, project teams, permitting and engineering to support the review and acquisition of real estate assets
- Manage, plan, administer, and direct the survey and mapping team activities required for the negotiation, acquisition and disposition of corporate real estate assets, the preparation of plans required for major federal, state, and regional authorizations / approvals, and the acquisition of geospatial data required for engineering design. Leverage emerging geospatial technology to achieve enhanced capabilities and efficiencies within the group as well as other groups in the Business.
- Direct accountability for survey and mapping team results including the design, development and implementation of land surveys required to support project integration, engineering design, real estate transactions, permitting strategies and permit conditions related to gaining environmental agency approvals for land-use, construction and water permits related to company projects and operations. Manage document retention process and work with Business Solutions group to ensure appropriate document retention.
- Develop surveying/engineering, scope and schedule recommendations and assessments that facilitate regulatory approvals and obtain permit conditions and requirements that support the milestones of specific projects, and that contribute to the enterprise scorecard results.
- In addition to managing the survey and mapping team, manage consultants and contracted services to obtain necessary professional and technical resources to complete required land surveys and permit plans.
- Provide oversight of land survey, permit / environmental compliance to approved terms and conditions in support of the Business.
- Provide expert testimony on behalf of the business to acquire necessary permits or to support litigation.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Strong supervisory experience with the ability to manage a diverse, multi-disciplinary team of professionals, across departmental lines
- Proven project management skills, with a record of effective implementation of cost, schedule and scope plans in a matrix management environment
- Detailed knowledge of local, State and federal permitting statutes, ordinances and regulations pertinent to the preparation of plans for environmental, land use, and construction permits and approvals, with the ability to integrate diverse technical inputs and legal issues, with public scrutiny
- Ability to represent PSEG in public hearings, litigation and in media situations
- Client relations skills, proven leadership and sound judgment are required
- The ability to persuade and convince internal and external constituencies to support PSEG positions is a critical skill
- Ability to regularly interface with Senior Management of the Services Corporation and the Businesses
- Ability to create and manage budgets, and apply knowledge of Business operations to accurately forecast.
PSEG At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.