Manager, New Store Operations
To ensure all new stores (as applicable) develop a strong understanding as it relates to the proper execution of all phases of store operations. Key focus areas include: Front of Store, Back Office, Marketing, and Outside Sales. To be the “quarterback” / liaison between store owner, field sales, and Benjamin Moore Corporate in an effort to problem solve as well as, maximizing results in relation to opportunities. Overall, to ensure each new store is positioned for success through knowledge transfer, hands on training, store set-up, sytems and SOP's in place, serving as key resource, and business planning / review. This position will report to: Senior Manager, Market Expansion. This position doesn't have any direct reports. Travel for this position is relegated to North America. Travel is required up to 75% but no less than 50%.
- To ensure new stores are prepared to operate post “ribbon cutting”
- To ensure POS, back-office accounting software, and accounting ledgers are set-up and integrated in order to properly perform P2P,O2C, R2R functions
- To ensure store personnel is trained in back-office functionality as referenced above
- To ensure new stores are adhering to SOP's
- Develop sales plan with owner, Territory Rep.: Inside selling / Add-on selling / Outside sales
- Conduct regular reviews to gauge results v. forecasts and adapt plans accordingly
- Liaison between store owner, Field Sales, Retailer Business Consulting, RSOS, Credit, Marketing, and BM Corporate to ID issues, opportunities, needs assessment
- Leverage BM internal programs, tools, collateral to maximize store engagement in an effort to grow sales and profit
- Develop pricing strategies owner may consider adopting in concert with Field Sales and based on market competition. To guide and provide strategic direction only. Store owner ultimately owns decision rights to pricing
- Consolidate, analyze, report-out all stores results to leverage knowledge gains in future owner/market opportunities
- Collaborates with the store owner to assess different aspects of store operations, including sales performance, customer satisfaction, inventory management, employee productivity, and company culture. The goal is to identify areas that require improvement and implement the necessary changes.
- Evaluates store operations with the owner which includes various aspects such as sales performance, customer satisfaction, inventory management, employee productivity and culture looking for areas of needed improvement.
- Provide guidance in Sales, HR, Inventory Mgt., Reporting, POS, Business Mgt., Marketing, Training Et al. resulting in high performing / high functioning store units
- Four year college degree in either: Business, Finance, Accounting, Entrepreneurship or applicable work experience at a management level
- 5+ years experience in: retail operations, retail store management, retail store ownership
- High level of understanding of each function within a retail store environment – Front of store through Back-office: POS/ accounting integration, sales, marketing, SOP's, financial statements Et. al
- Customer centric focus
- Strong leadership skills with decision making capability
- Ability to multi-task under pressure while meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to serve as project lead and/or team member
- Strong problem solver-critical thinking
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of paint industry and the independent paint channel
- Strong influential and consultative skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Clear understanding of legal documents commonly used in coatings industry
- Strong system and computing skills including: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business.We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee's student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.
Click here to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 140 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a culture of inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Our commitment to these principles means all employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Benjamin Moore At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.