Manager - IT - US Service Desk
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for leading the function in providing the required operational and first and second line technical support to all users, across all divisions and technologies.
- Global IT Service Manager, regional IT / Service Desk / IT Process Managers
- Support Analysts, Team Leaders, Deskside Analysts and Customer Services Managers
- Service Management
- Relationship Management teams
- Technical Delivery Teams / Business Solutions Management
- Key product suppliers, including Arkadin, Vodafone and Apogee
- Internal customers
- Belfast & Singapore Service Desk Managers
Role and Key Competencies
- Provide an efficient, cost effective and customer focused service desk by
- Planning and managing resources to support the current and anticipated demand
- Scheduling the work of staff to meet agree service levels
- Ensure incidents and requests are fully documented in our ITSM solution (ServiceNow)
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to operational staff
- Responsible for ensuring the staff are consistently meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/SLAs, and that standards and processes are followed.
- Drafts and maintains policy, standards and procedures for the service desk.
- Regularly monitor and produce reports on the incident process, status and speed of resolution of enquiries.
- Create and maintain procedures and tools for the correct recording and progressing of all incidents & requests.
- Train, coach and develop Service Desk Analysts (Level 1 / 2) and Team Leaders
- Builds/obtain (from other departments/teams) training material for support staff.
- Coordination of all resources to ensure all services are in-line with what is required
- Recognizes when IT systems have been compromised, and takes immediate action to minimize damage
- Ensure timely and appropriate escalation to senior IT management
- Investigate breaches of security and recommend appropriate control improvements.
- Ability to lead teams effectively through structured coaching and delivery by professional example.
- Ability to think logically, analyze situations, solve problems and lead a team of IT Service Desk staff.
- Awareness of business-critical incidents, and their potential implications for the business.
- An enthusiasm and passion for excellent customer service.
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the breadth of the IT function and effectively share knowledge between individuals and teams.
- Experience of working in a global environment across international locations
- Oversee solutions/knowledge base repository ensuring top quality solutions and instruction guides are available to all staff.
- Manage process for communication outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Have a positive and professional attitude to customer problems and incidents
- Thorough knowledge of Service Desk operations to include a good knowledge of IT best practice, industry trends and customer service
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures
- Expected to have a solid understanding of all technologies used by A&O
- Thorough understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Minimum of 3 years of Service Desk Management experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing a service desk function
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with BMC Helix or similar ITSM tool.
- Experience with Genesys Automatic Call Distribution System or similar tool.
Qualifications – ideally the candidate should have the following or equivalent:
- Degree qualified – preferred
- Recognized management qualification preferred – e.g. Service Desk Institute 'Service Desk Manager' certification would be favorable.
For individuals assigned to or hired for this opportunity in New York, the estimated annualized base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $160,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on the overall qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, including, if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job, and other job-relation factors permitted by law.
Allen & Overy At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.