This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The maintenance/groundskeeper performs maintenance duties, work order driven special projects, and minor building, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and painting repairs in and around the primary facility and all off-site facilities; troubleshoots and resolves maintenance issues to ensure efficient and safe conditions/operations, and responds to emergency conditions in a timely manner; responsible for the setup and breakdown of various work order approved events, and timely completion of both oral and written work orders, must be flexible in accordance with schedule of programs and activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These examples are to be interpreted as descriptive and not restrictive in nature
· Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures
· Respond to all approved work order requests and special project assignments
· Raymond and Summit Houses--In-depth weekly cleaning which may include the following: clean and disinfect restrooms and overall facilities, wash walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and shelves, replenish all bathrooms supplies, vacuum, spot clean carpets and furniture, sweep, mop, empty wastebaskets, etc.
· Perform preventative maintenance in and around all facilities (Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, classrooms, kitchen, hallways, closets, stairwell, windows, offices, etc.)
· Responsible for cleaning projects, (washing walls, windows, etc.)
· Responsible for touching up the paint on all walls and woodwork
· Set up and breakdown chairs, tables and equipment in meeting locations/rooms
· Maintain landscaping responsibilities (water on the appropriate days) and discard hanging branches or bushes that may be obstructing pathways, etc.
· Troubleshoot and repair minor plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry problems; replace a variety of light bulbs and light accessories; use hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds
· Perform various maintenance duties such as installation and repair to fixtures in Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, restrooms, classrooms, offices, for primary and off-site locations
· Place outside trash bins at the curb weekly at Raymond and Summit House
· Empty trash cans after events in the fellowship hall
· Stock all restrooms with tissue, towels, seat covers, soap, etc.
· Light cleaning of parking lot, sidewalks and grounds
· Responsible for unlocking and securing facilities throughout the course of the business day (including turning off lights.)
· Maintain inventory and submit written request for supplies
· Communicate all concerns and or recommendations from outside vendors to the office for follow up
· Responsible for carrying out additional work requests from the Trustee Pro-Tem/Supervisor and their designee
· Participate in general cleaning and other maintenance duties
(as directed/as needed)
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,400.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
First African Methodist Episcopal Church At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.