Perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting on process equipment and utility systems, electrical, plumbing, mechanical (HVAC) systems following written Standard Operating Procedures within a cGMP manufacturing environment. Must have strong mechanical aptitude to support maintenance of specialized production equipment, plant utilities, and HVAC systems in accordance with established guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures. Perform general facility support activities including safety system inspections, personnel relocation, and general site maintenance and repair as required. Must be able to provide “On-Call” response to support plant operations during off-hours as required. Regular scheduled shift may consist of weekend and/or shift coverage.
Shift is 12 Hours (Grave shift) Two Week Rotation. Hours are 7:00PM to 7:30 AM. Week one is (Wed-Sat) week two is (Thur-Sat).
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude to support maintenance of specialized production equipment, plant utilities, and HVAC systems in accordance with established guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Troubleshoot and repair facilities, equipment, and systems, including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic circuits (motors, pumps, compressors, boilers, chillers, and purified and domestic water systems) using manuals, SOPs, specifications, and other workplace aids.
- Review and make recommendations on required Preventive Maintenance procedures for process equipment and support utilities.
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting, identifying root cause, and appropriate corrective actions for equipment failures.
- Provide “On-Call” response to support plant operations during off-hours if needed
- Perform general facility repairs not to exclude: lighting, walls, floors, paint, and general office space support
- Daily use equipment manuals and drawings to troubleshoot problems.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and follow safe procedures, immediately notifying management or Safety when unsafe conditions or potential hazards are found; attend all required safety and health training, including handling hazardous waste, when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferably including hands-on or vocational school training, and a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a general maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, or A.S./A.A. Degree in Mechanical/Utilities Technology, or Licensed Journeyman, with a minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- Prior experience with general utility systems, boilers, electrical, HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Strong understanding of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Familiar working within Computerized Maintenance Management Systems to schedule and document work performed.
- Knowledge of general OSHA safety requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of Hand and Power tools.
- Must be able to do basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be able to read P&ID's and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to use Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and internal customers and all levels of management.
Salary Range: 24.00 - 31.00 per hour plus shift differential for nightshift.
Salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidates qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. KBI has a robust total rewards strategy which includes an annual bonus structure for all employees, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid PTO and holidays, Sabbatical program, 401K matching with 100% vesting in 60 days and employee recognition programs.
KBI Biopharma, Inc. (KBI) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. Any employee entering a KBI site located in the US must either (1) have provided proof of full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) with a COVID-19 vaccination which has been granted FDA approval or Emergency Use Authorization; or (2) perform weekly COVID-19 testing with negative test results.
KBI Biopharma, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for KBI Biopharma, Inc. to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either KBI Biopharma, Inc. or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of KBI Biopharma, Inc. has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
I attest with my signature below that I have given to KBI Biopharma, Inc. true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize KBI Biopharma, Inc. to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.