This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Maintenance Technician (FT)
- Schedules and prioritizes duties and work assignments on a daily basis.
- Completes required reports and paperwork daily to account for the time and use of parts and materials.
- Observes and inspects equipment to determine if servicing or further action is required.
- Completes preventative and basic maintenance tasks on structures and other equipment, including, but not limited to dispensers, point of sale (POS), computers, security equipment, telephone and data lines, heating and air conditions systems, refrigeration equipment, lighting, signs and pumps as required.
- Read, interprets and follows procedures described in service manuals per manufacturer guidelines.
- Calibrates pumps, dispensers and other equipment in accordance with legal standards.
- Keeps assigned company vehicle(s) in a safe and orderly condition, which includes scheduling maintenance as required, and securing, organizing, and safeguarding company equipment and parts contained in and on the vehicle.
- Recommends when an outside contractor is required to handle a maintenance problem.
- Assists in the correction of other maintenance problems as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Attends training classes (both in and out of the local area) as required to learn maintenance procedures for specific equipment.
- Helps ensure compliance with Federal, State and local law and Company guidelines by completing required trainings, as well as obtaining required certifications.
- Maintains state specific Class “B” Underground Storage Tank (UST) System Operator Certification for all assigned stores in order to maintain, inspect, test and certify UST and Dispensing systems in compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local Laws and regulations.
- Provides equipment/system training and instruction to Company personnel to insure the safe and proper operation.
- Tests tanks/lines and assists in investigating suspected UST system failures as required by environmental guidelines.
- Works on outside equipment, in a safe manner, as required regardless of weather conditions.
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- See Grade Level Distinctions.
- Completes and maintains required state specific competency training and testing necessary to obtain and maintain Class “B” UST System Operator Certification.
- Experience performing maintenance related tasks.
- Experience with pumps and dispensers preferred.
- Experience in a skill trade area preferred (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.).
- Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on an on-call emergency basis, in addition to a normal work schedule.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License from the state in which the employee resides and class required for the type of vehicle(s) driven.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal DOT rules and regulations concerning the operation of assigned motor vehicle(s), including keeping and maintaining driver’s logs.
- Must be able to use and operate special tools and equipment in the manner it was designed and intended for during repairs.
About Speedway - Region 58,61:
With about 4,000 stores coast to coast, we are proud of our success at meeting the fueling and convenience needs for millions of customers every day. We are committed to giving our employees best in class benefits and building our name in the communities we serve. Speedway is home to Speedy Rewards, the best rewards program in the business! Join us for lunch at a Speedy Café, a fast-casual dining option at a growing number of Speedway locations. In May 2021, Speedway was purchased by 7-Eleven, the largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry. The combination of our two great companies puts our presence in 47 of the 50 most populated metro areas in the U.S.
Speedway - Region 58,61 At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.