This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Afton Properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards has allowed us to grow significantly since the birth of the corporation. One of our highest priorities is for our tenants to live in healthy and safe environments, and receive the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize the upkeep and maintenance of our properties to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners we service were require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Maintenance Tech to work at a Garden Style property to work Full Time. The Maintenance Tech Lead will be responsible for a variety of duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
Job Summary: The maintenance tech is responsible for the upkeep of the allocated property. Additionally, they are responsible for working on a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs as well as providing customer service and guidance to tenants as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems. (Replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels, etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration, and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary. (Fix locks, replace windows, etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide.
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned. (Painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
- Conduct regular maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, appliances, or other systems in the facility as required.
- Need to notify Management of repairs before they can complete work.
- For bigger jobs that will be outsourced, make sure that you receive 2 to 3 bids for the job.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in tracking maintenance technicians, porters, and housekeepers.
- Provide support for the maintenance staff that may require assisting with work orders, repairs, and maintaining paint, carpet, appliances,
- plumbing, heating, and air conditioning and perform daily maintenance of all common areas.
- Assist in maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude for all service, custodial, and grounds personnel at all times.
- Scheduling and following up on work orders and projects assigned to the maintenance team as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager
- Other duties as assigned or required by the property manager.
- At least two years of experience as a Maintenance Tech in a residential, hospitality, or similar industry.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand instructions verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task, and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Afton Properties At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.