PK Management, A leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a Full-Time Maintenance Technician. We are seeking a self-motivated and a career-minded individual to join our team. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Professional and friendly work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply maintenance skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of the property to ensure that all physical aspects of the property meet all applicable laws as well as the company’s established standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and its units; plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliances, painting and drywall. Work may be performed independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Education: High School Diploma/GED (beneficial)
Work Experience: 1-3 years of prior maintenance experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: HVAC preferred, Valid driver’s license with insurance required. valid driver’s license may be required by property.
Minimum Tools Required Standard tools: hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc…
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct seasonal duties such as snow removal or pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps for correction.
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Assist at other properties as needed within a 100 mile radius
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required to meet essential requirements of job responsibilities
- Being on-call for emergency service, rotating with other staff members
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – ability to understand the Company’s policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory pur- poses, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills – ability to draw conclusions and examine alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills – ability to read and comprehend warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize numerous tasks and the importance of service requests.
- Creative Skills – ability to find the most efficient way to complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and improve the property.
- Computer Skills – Outlook.
- Leadership Skills – ability to show confidence in work, motivate others and represent the property at resident functions.
- Manual Skills – cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping.
- Maintenance Skills – plumbing, electric, heating/cooling, carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
Appliance Repair – Troubleshooting and repair of parts, clean lint screen in washer/dryer, pumps and transmission, water heater troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
Carpentry – Proper use of hammer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.07 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- HVAC Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
PK MANAGEMENT, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.