This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Maintenance Technician - HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical
Independent Management Services is a full-service property management and marketing firm, specializing in the revitalization of under-managed multifamily housing developments. Since our founding in 1989, we have expanded our nationwide presence to include over 100 sustainable communities in 11 states focusing exclusively in the affordable and workforce housing sectors. However, our total breath of experience also includes market rate and commercial property management.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package. We intend to build a team of individuals, who are self-motivated, willing to learn and grow with our firm. We progressively uphold a professional management team to serve our clients, enhancing our management skills and capabilities. Your progress, training, experience, motivation, attitude, and goals may create many possibilities for career opportunities with our company. If you have superior attention to detail with outstanding communications skills and enjoy a challenging fast pace environment, join our team now!
- Complete resident service requests and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Timely reconditioning of vacant units including painting, basic repairs, and cleaning.
- Ensure property grounds are well-groomed and free of litter and unsightly garbage or clutter.
- Ensure property grounds are free of weeds and overgrown vegetation.
- Perform after-hours, weekend, and holiday on-call duties in rotation with other Maintenance personnel.
- Respond to all resident requests to ensure 24-hour emergency service.
- Monitor inventory and maintenance supplies, as necessary.
- Snow removal including salting of main roads, walkways, and parking areas throughout community. (Where Applicable)
- Create and maintain a well-groomed community appearance.
- Reports directly to the Site Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in ongoing maintenance education and training.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Working knowledge of basic maintenance concepts (plumbing, repair, etc.).
- Must have own tools to perform job task.
- Basic knowledge of commercial/small grounds equipment and supplies.
- Ability to prioritize work orders and projects based on need.
- Possess a high degree of troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated track record regarding work attendance and reporting to work timely.
- Must be able to tolerate in/outdoor work year-round.
- Adhere to Federal Fair Housing Laws.
- Employer paid health and dental insurance (100% employee only) with affordable dependent and family coverage.
- Voluntary insurance options: Vision, Life, Accident Injury, Long-Term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- 401(k) with above-average employer matching contribution.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Training and employee development program.
- Among many other employee benefits.
Independent Management Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.