Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and apartment units. Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotel standard operating procedures.
Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments, and fellow staff.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- PM rooms
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure the security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC, and AC ducts.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment, and cosmetic items.
- Program TVs and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repairs on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation, and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
To be able to work neatly and efficiently, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in a busy environment and adheres to the hotel the Standard Operating Procedures.
Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and with explosives and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Independent Hotel At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.