We are looking for an experienced and dedicated person to perform preventative maintenance, and repairs on a variety of mechanical, electrical equipment and office space.
*This position is for a non-residential commercial building in Hartford CT and not a janitorial/housekeeping position. Please do not apply if you are looking for a residential apartment position, a janitorial/cleaning position, or a porter position.
I. Essential Functions:
The technician will be responsible for, but not limited to, all HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and conveyor equipment. Perform all scheduled maintenance required for the building equipment and emergency work orders. Technician will also be accountable for completed paper work, documentation, and required data entry for each performed work order.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to handle general maintenance responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the ability and dexterity to utilize hand tools and power tools.
- Perform all work in accordance to company policies and regulations contained in company handbook and safety standards and standard operating procedures.
- Have ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Be computer literate with basic Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge.
- Must be able to climb ladders and perform the rigorous task associated with a laborer position.
- Change ballast and light bulbs as required.
- Performs and not limited to- all building maintenance functions, basic electrical repairs, floor repairs, building repairs, basic carpentry, equipment repairs, plumbing repairs to faucets, toilets, urinals, drains and valves, industrial overhead door repairs.
- Effectively read and interpret equipment mechanical and electrical/electronic blueprints and sketches with the ability to draft updates as needed.
- Understand the basics of electrical/electronic theory.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting expertise in electrical/mechanical systems, conveyor electrical/electronic systems, and HVAC systems. Identifies and resolves issues utilizing systematic problem solving methods.
- Electrical/electronic troubleshooting: investigates, repairs, installs, diagnoses, and performs all necessary repairs to electrical/electronic controls and systems located within the facility.
- Performs and identifies preventive maintenance tasks.
- Performs minor electrical repairs.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects.
- Must be available on off hours to respond to facility emergency situations.
- Swiftly execute corrective action when approved by supervisor.
- Responsible for creating material lists for all repairs assigned.
- Complete assigned work orders and give completed work order to PM coordinator or Facilities Manager.
- Knowledge in a variety of trades common to the field of building maintenance.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to pass drug/alcohol test and a criminal background check, and have 2 years of facility maintenance experience.
- A valid and clean driver’s license is required.
- All candidates are expected to supply their own hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchet and sockets, chisels and punches, hammers, squares, tape measure, etc. Power tools are supplied by the company.
- Candidates must have good mathematical skills in order to measure angles, material thickness, and distance.
- Working knowledge on conveyors, hydraulic lifts, overhead doors, dock levelers, variable frequency drives, fans, heating ventilation and air conditioning units and other comparable equipment. Knowledge of conveyors is preferred but not necessary.
- Applicants must also be able to work in a team or alone. Our focus is on doing the job in a timely manner and doing it right the first time.
- Proven track record of trouble-shooting and triaging issues associated with all building maintenance functions and related systems are required.
- Experience with as many of the following is preferred- general contracting
Confidential At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.