The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant's experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members ( Programa de beneficios de ).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs minor maintenance and cleaning duties in maintaining building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors, vendors, client’s staff, other employees as necessary. Perform all duties related to maintaining the general cleanliness and safety of the main floor, conference/seating area, restrooms, and back offices.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Sweep, remove debris, clean spills, and mop floors throughout the sales floor and seating area.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles, emptying as needed, in all areas of the site.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper receptacles.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces; polish stainless steel surfaces.
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and product as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the customer and team member restrooms (includes cleaning and policing as needed).
- Complete sweep logs, as directed.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor daily.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks. Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
- Other duties as assigned.
ABM Industries At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.