The Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order. Handles service requests for repairs and improvements of vacant apartments to a market-ready status.
- Receives maintenance requests, prioritizes work orders, and handles each most efficiently, as directed by the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
- Check all appliances, sinks, faucets, commodes, drapes, blinds, etc.
- Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations, including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
- Change air conditioning filters at least once every three months.
- Performs minor electrical repairs and replacements of light fixtures and related items.
- Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
- May perform painting projects ranging from a complete interior painting of property units to minor touch-ups and repair of walls and woodwork.
- May perform “make ready” projects to prepare vacant units available for prospective tenants.
- Review condition of floors, walls, carpet, linoleum, tile, etc. Make necessary repairs to above.
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivers various communications to residents as needed. Leave a completed work order or a note in all apartments.
- Clean up any debris that is caused by maintenance work. Do not use personal items belonging to the resident for clean-up.
- Record time spent in each unit on the work order.
- Inform Property Manager of any repair work needing an outside contractor or replacement of significant appliances necessary.
- Perform any necessary maintenance in the leasing office, clubroom, models, pools, the exterior of the property, etc.
- Pick up trash, water grounds, and flower beds from the grounds daily. Empty pool area trash cans.
- Sweep leasing office front porch and parking area.
- Sweep and clean around the breezeways, dumpster area maintenance, boiler, and supply rooms.
- Clean pool(s) and maintain correct chemical levels. Sweep pool areas and arrange pool furniture.
- Inventory pool and ground supplies, inform Maintenance Supervisor when running low.
- Be alert to physical problems seen in the course of work and notify the Property Manager at once.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies.
- Request Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor to purchase supplies as needed.
- Work/coordinate with vendors, when necessary, on special maintenance projects.
- Distribute door-to-door newsletters and residents’ notices.
- Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
- Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required.
- Performs on-call, fire watch, or other after-hour efforts as required.
- Adheres to safety and hazard communications programs, policies, and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor on special maintenance projects, i.e., preventive maintenance of building components and mechanicals.
- Works closely with management and maintenance staff in developing an integral team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of the Company.
- Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Professionally represents the Company on or off the property at all times.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- Be alert to physical problems seen in work and notify the Property Manager.
- Maintains open communication with the Maintenance Supervisor and other staff.
- Wear company ID at all times.
- Always represents the company in a professional manner.
- Ensures safe work practices are being followed.
- Always displays a friendly and courteous attitude with other employees, maintains and promotes a good attitude. Never confront a supervisor or other employee in front of residents.
- Familiar with federal, state, and jurisdictional laws and regulations concerning multi-family housing and Fair Housing.
- Associate degree in a related technical or mechanical field preferred. Military training is a plus.
- Maybe required to provide own (industry-specific) tools.
- Bilingual – Spanish is a plus.
- Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing.
- Knowledge and skills to operate standard and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards.
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants and property management.
- Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or communications devices.
- Maybe required to provide own (industry-specific) tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and mechanical repair required.
- EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification (CPO) preferred.
- Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) preferred.
Lynd Management Group, LLC does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. Any information provided will be used only in the compilation of data for EEO/Affirmative Action reporting. Completion of this data is voluntary and will not affect your opportunity for employment and/or terms or conditions of employment.
Lynd Management Group, LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Lynd Management Group, LLC participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.
Lynd Management Group, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.