Arlington Properties, a progressive and growing property management company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking a Maintenance Technician. We are seeking a self-motivated maintenance professional who understands the importance of providing exemplary customer service. If you have prior building maintenance experience and would take pride in maintaining the community for the benefit of our owners and residents, we invite you to apply today.
Title: Maintenance Service Technician
Department: Property Management
Reports To: Service Manager
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Maintenance Service Technician works under the supervision of a Service Manager and/or Community Manager to perform various duties necessary to maintain and improve the physical condition of the community, including common areas, building interiors, building exteriors, and property grounds. This includes maintenance and repairs of major systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and water heaters. The technician must work as a team player with the community’s maintenance team to meet the maintenance quality standards set by the company.
- Performs various community maintenance functions, included but not limited to the following: light bulb changes, preventive maintenance, lighting changes, HVAC repairs/maintenance, plumbing repairs/ maintenance, minor electrical repairs, appliance installations, window covering installations, door hardware repair/installation, painting, caulking, pool maintenance.
- Prepares or assists in preparing all vacant apartments to a market-ready condition.
- Performance on-call and after-hours emergency service as required.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacant units, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Service Manager.
- May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
- Moves heavy objects as requested while traversing stairs and across all types of terrain.
- Assists Service Manager and/or Community Manager with special projects, such as preventive maintenance or scheduled improvements of buildings and/or mechanical systems.
- Assists in keeping grounds and common areas clean and in good working order.
- Provides excellent customer service to residents while adhering to Fair Housing guidelines.
- Delivers communications to residents as needed, and attends or assists with resident functions or activities as directed.
- Completes all assigned tasks according to deadlines and in a safe manner; must understand and follow all safety guidelines.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Ability to read, write and do simple math is essential and ability to use a computer is preferred. Trade school and/or military training a plus. One to five years verifiable hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e., plumbing, electrical, carpeting, painting, etc.) is preferred with proficiency in at least one major area.
Machines, Tools and Equipment, Software:
Hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance and landscaping including, but limited to, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, key machine, and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Motorized vehicles.
Physical and Visual Activities
Inside and outside work in all types of weather. Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, climbing stairs, climbing ladders, working at heights, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds. Good eye/hand coordination is essential. Color perception, the ability to differentiate colors in terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color combination from memory is required. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold as well as certain unsafe environments; frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock; occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and electrical equipment; possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles; possible exposure to internal liquids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally very loud. Must follow all safety requirements carefully.
Founded in 1969, Arlington Properties is a leading multifamily development, property management and construction firm. Though times change, we are steadfastly committed to operate every day by our motto: Integrity Uncompromised. It is the basis for how we define our company culture and it is as important to us today as it was in 1969.
Arlington is celebrating its 50th year in business and was recently recognized as one of Birmingham's Best Places to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal due to its strong culture and high level of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Fern Parc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.