Maintenance Supervisor (San Antonio Region)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to Company operating and safety standards and ensure that service requests are performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Providing technical skills and training to the maintenance team. Maintain hazard communications program.
- Teach and promote safe work practices.
- Attend and participate in technical training programs to maintain personal skill level.
- Personnel Management
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and quality of staff and recommend promotions and terminations when necessary.
- Communicate professionally and delegate effectively with staff members.
- Document all counseling sessions.
- Ensure the staff is motivated and functions as an effective team.
- Comply with all personnel management policies and procedures.
- Develop staff through continuous motivation and training.
- Adhere to budget guidelines and obtain competitive bids on major expenses.
- Purchase supplies as necessary using standard purchase order system and proper bidding procedures.
- Prepare staffing schedules consistent with property needs.
- Monitor inventory of parts and supplies and appropriate levels.
- Participate in Company meetings, as required.
- Quality Control
- Ensure that the physical condition of the property is maintained according to Company operating and safety standards.
- Organize and prioritize service requests and ensure all service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Oversee completion of service requests in 24 hours or per property policy.
- Inspect grounds, buildings and other property features as required to minimize liability concerns.
- Oversee turnkey operations and ensuring that vacants are made rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures.
- Teach and promote safe work practices to staff.
- Customer Service
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors and supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Must be able to diagnose problems and repair the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC (EPA Certification)
- Basic – Intermediate plumbing
- Basic – Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
- Pool care (if required by property)
- Roof and gutter repair
- Foundation/sidewalk repairs
- Irrigation and maintenance repairs
- Ice and snow removal
- Ability to deal well with people
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
SWBC PEO At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.