Maintenance Supervisor - Night Shift
Whirlwind Steel Buildings, Inc., is looking for a reliable and organized Maintenance Supervisor to join the Night Shift Team in Houston, TX. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities occurring on the night shift, as well as helping to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and operational. The ideal candidate will have good leadership skills, be detail-oriented and have experience in a maintenance supervisory role.
Whirlwind’s goal is to provide fabricated structures for families, congregations, and businesses, in the most efficient manner while maintaining a safe work environment. The role of the Maintenance Supervisor (Night Shift) is crucial to the overall manufacturing process of our products.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversee the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment, machinery, forklifts, shipping vehicles, etc.
- Arrange for and manage appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
- Lead problem solving to correct operational issues.
- Effectively help in maintaining a plant where OSHA regulations are met through maintaining machinery in a safe operating condition. Ensure that maintenance staff does not take shortcuts at the expense of safety.
- Direct maintenance personnel and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, customer service and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintains inventory of tools, parts, and supplies to support the plant and plant operations.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, RAPIDC principles to the department.
- Communicate daily with the Department Manager and internal personnel from Production and Quality Control in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals.
- Manage the work order system designed to establish priority and control over maintenance requests from plant personnel. Ensures that work order requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Manages documentation for OSHA inspection requirements.
- 8 to 15 years as a supervisor in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Technical Degrees/Certifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- Logical and abstract thinking.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of electrical control, PLC & HMI (Allen Bradley) programming, CNC systems, Servos systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, HVAC, plumbing, industrial electricity, etc.
- Strong knowledge of working with NEC, and IEC codes.
- Strong experience in safety, inspection, and maintenance on overhead cranes.
- Knowledge of 5’S, and Poke-yoke programs.
- Knowledge on hooks and chain inspections per OSHA.
- Basic machining concepts (leather, mill, surface grinding, boring mill).
- Working knowledge of facilities machines, equipment, and buildings.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks.
- Computer skills in word processor, spread sheet and presentations.
- Successful completion of an accredited management training program a plus.
- Proven experience in working with any maintenance software.
Whirlwind Steel Buildings, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.