The Maintenance Mechanic constructs, maintains, and tests mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Identifies parts for replacement and machines that need new parts and places orders as necessary. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You'll Do:
- Receives verbal requests for maintenance or repair to machinery, equipment or buildings from Department Managers or Supervisor
- Assures Lockout/Tag out procedures are adhered to when working on any machinery
- Trouble-shoots problem area to determine if adjustment, repair or replacement is needed
- Determines the appropriate materials, parts and/or tools needed to repair problem area
- Determines the appropriate materials, parts and/or tools needed for improvement projects and expansions
- Assures proper material and tools are on hand to complete repair project
- Reports any potential spare parts shortage noticed
- Maintains stock of assigned repair parts, such as valves, bearings, screws belts, etc.
- Assures that all production machinery is operating in accordance with established specifications after any repairs or adjustments
- Assures all equipment is returned to proper storage area upon completion of job
- 3-5 years' experience with electrical troubleshooting and repair experience (equipment)
- 3-5 years' experience trouble shooting and repairing manufacturing machinery
- 3-5 years' experience with pneumatic/hydraulic troubleshooting and repair experience (equipment)
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Vision & Dental Benefits
- Medical Benefits
Dan-loc Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.