Maintenance Make Ready/Porter
The Maintenance Make Ready, Porter, Groundskeeper reports to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Make Ready-Porter is required to perform various job duties based on business needs, to include preparation of vacant apartments for market-ready, and responsible for the overall appearance of the property grounds, models, and vacant units.
- Receives make-ready assignments; gathers all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies needed to make an apartment unit available to rent.
- Trashes out the unit for make ready; makes sure a move-out form is approved and signed.
- Confirms with Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor items left to be thrown out belonging to previous residents, not belonging in the apartment unit.
- Evaluates carpet and vinyl; shampoos carpet/vinyl and discusses with supervisor(s) replacing carpet/vinyl flooring if needed.
- Checks air conditioning unit, heating unit, water heater, and all appliances; makes minor repairs if needed; contacts Maintenance Supervisor for more extensive repairs or replacements.
- Paint interior apartments, occasionally perform light exterior painting. Polishes and varnishes cabinets and other woodwork as needed. Repairs holes in walls, perform painting duties, checks to caulk, and applies where needed.
- Repairs or replaces baseboards or trim as needed. Checks all doors and windows and re-keys all locks.
- Shampoos carpets (when equipment is available).
- Responds to service calls, on-call, fire watch, or other after-hour efforts as required.
- Performs pool maintenance and landscape duties as needed, including pressure washing and cleaning.
- Required to pick up grounds every workday, water grounds and flower beds, empty pool area trash cans, and clean pool(s).
- Sweeps, office front porch, parking areas, around dumpster areas, halls, and breezeways, around pool areas, and rearranges furniture.
- Maintains correct chemical levels (Certified Pool Operator Certification Required), inventory pool, and ground supplies, informs supervisors when running low.
- Inform Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor of mechanical or structural problems with pools or spas.
- Distribute door-to-door newsletters and resident notices.
- Offer suggestions for preventative maintenance and more efficient operations. Reports physical problems observed to the next level supervisor.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, displays a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and co-workers.
- Ensures safe work practices are being followed. Always represents the company in a professional manner.
- Always displays a friendly and courteous attitude with other employees, maintains and promotes a good mood. Never confront a supervisor or other employee in front of residents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the community.
- Prior make-ready work at a residential property.
- Familiar with federal, state, and jurisdictional laws and regulations concerning multi-family housing and Fair Housing.
- Ability to understand basic instructions and skills in using basic hand tools.
- Ability to perform basic electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and landscaping.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- Ability to assess repairs and replacement parts in a vacant apartment to make it available for leasing/rent.
- Ability to perform physical labor, regularly lifts, carriers, or moves objects of weight 25+ pounds.
- Maybe required to provide own (industry-specific) tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- At least one year of experience of doing similar duties is preferred.
Lynd Management Group, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.