Southwest Shipyard, LP provides gas freeing and cleaning services, steaming, and flaring services, Barge and boat repair, Surface preparation and painting, water treatment and new construction services to the commercial and government marine industry. Southwest Shipyard owns and operates four (4) shipyards in South Texas with direct deep-water access to the Gulf of Mexico. We take pride in our dedicated and experienced workforce that focuses on Quality, Safety and Environmental Excellence. Our motto is “Faster, Safer, Better”.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The labor/helper performs tasks involving physical labor at work sites. The position may operate a variety of hand and power
tools and may clean and prepare sites, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. Reasonable accommodation may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor to support operations in worksites.
- Assist maintenance mechanic with various job duties.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures the job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Performs materials handling and storage as required.
- Loads and unloads trucks and hauls and hoists materials.
- Transports materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required.
- Use power tools and machinery when instructed.
- Successfully performs work as an individual, as a member of a single-craft or multi-craft work crew.
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, policies, and site-specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities while wearing protective gear.
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions.
- This position may require long hours and weekend work.
- Prior experience in the manual labor trade.
- TWIC Card or eligible to obtain one.
- The incumbent should have 0-3 years of construction labor experience.
- Willingness to work 1st or 2nd shift.
Southwest Shipyard Lp At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.