This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Maintenance Engineering Technician IV
The Maintenance Engineering Technician IV will be responsible for performing routine building preventative and corrective maintenance tasks at multiple facilities within a given area of operation in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.)
- Facility inspections and checklists
- Monitor physical and functional condition of building envelope, and mechanical / electrical systems and address deficiencies as required
- Review and update physical real property inventory of facility equipment
- Promote energy conservation and awareness
- Develop tasks and requirements list and order of cost magnitude estimates for Sustainment, Revitalization, and Maintenance (SRM) requirements above the service order limit
- Conduct site visits to facilities to answer service calls, service orders and to perform required Preventative Maintenance services according to PM Schedule and in accordance with established standards
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.)
- Prepare surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.)
- Monitor and inspect life safety, physical security and fire prevention requirements and address deficiencies as required
- Review and update databases, computer programs, and physical inventories as required to maintain information current
- Respond to all information requests
- Attend Project Review Boards as requested
- Documentation, Checklists, and Reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience servicing and/or renovating commercial buildings, including the maintenance and repair of commercial building infrastructure systems
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficiency using personal computer and internet service, word processing, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ability to obtain favorable National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI), in accordance with AR 380-67
- Familiar with the various codes and standards applicable to operations and maintenance tasks of installed equipment systems, NFPA, EPA, and OSHA.
- Ability to lift oor move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the
Teleworking Permitted?: false
Chenega Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.