Must have experience in the following areas: General building maintenance, electrical/low voltage systems, fire alarm, nurse-call, door hardware/locksmithing, HVAC, pneumatic tube, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Accomplishes all phases of building maintenance repairs using strong technical skills in the mechanical trades.
- Applies cost effective measures in utilization of time and supplies.
- Available to the Director of Facilities for emergency response to hospital situations.
- Hang doors for remodel and new construction.
- Maintains professional growth and development for job-related skills and techniques through educational programs, seminars, workshops, and experience on the job.
- Patch/repair/paint drywall. Repair and install corner-guards and crash-rails.
- Performs assigned tasks with a constant concern for safety.
- Repair or manufacture cabinets, shelves, drawers or counters.
- Repair or replace locks and hardware on all types of doors.
- Repair or replace valves, water and waste lines, sinks and toilets, and use snake to clear waste lines.
- Responsible for understanding and participating in the organization-wide Quality
- Improvement Program through orientation, education, departmental and interdepartmental quality control and planning activities.
- Responsible to perform any tasks as required in the efficient maintenance of the hospital.
- Test electrical equipment using standard tools and practices for safety and efficiency.
- Trouble-shoot and repair all phases of electrical/lighting from 110 volts to 480 volts.
- Trouble-shoot and repair all phases of HVAC, including calibrating thermostats and controls.
- Trouble-shoot and repair ice machines.
- Trouble-shoot and repair low-voltage systems, including nurse call, fire alarm, pneumatic tube, and security, and their associated components.
Valid CA Driver's license required when driving is a required function of the role.
At USC Arcadia Hospital every team member of our 348-bed hospital strives to provide an exceptional patient experience while exemplifying our shared values of iRAISE - Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and Excellence. We achieve this through compassionate care, creating lifelong relationships by changing the way health and healthcare are delivered in our community.
At USC Arcadia Hospital, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings Plan with match, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Free On-Site Parking, Child Care, Employee Referral Bonus Program, etc.), including professional development programs, and much more.
Living and Working in the San Gabriel Valley:
The City of Arcadia is located in the beautiful San Gabriel Valley, which is one of the best places to live and work in California and is just 15 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The region offers a multitude of diverse entertainment, shopping and exceptional restaurant options. The San Gabriel Valley is less than an hour away from sunny Southern California beaches, and less than two hours away from local mountain resorts like Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.
Locally, Arcadia is a wonderful, thriving community featuring the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens as well as the Santa Anita Park racetrack, and is located next to the City of Pasadena, which hosts the New Year’s Day Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game annually. The region boasts excellent public and private schools and universities close by, including Cal Tech, USC, UCLA, Cal State Northridge, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific University and the Claremont Colleges. Arcadia was recently named “Best Place to Raise Your Kids” by Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and is the perfect place to call home.
The hourly rate range for this position is $28.91 - $37.95. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California Arcadia Hospital considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, State, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations .
Methodist Hospital At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.