Low Voltage Lead Technician
Working as a member of a project team, the Lead Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. This employee may be assigned to lead a team of 3-5 members safely and productively on a small project, with the goal of completing tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2's number one Core Value. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations.
- Proactively lead teams of 3-5 Technicians and Installers to complete project tasks
- Adequately train Technicians and Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of their positions.
- Assist in developing Technicians to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of a Lead Technician
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or GED required.
- OHSA 10 required.
- Fiber Optic Association CPCT preferred.
- Fiber Optic Association CFOT preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ work experience in Structured Cabling or related industry/construction experience.
- Read, write, and understand English
- Able to distinguish color codes
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross- and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given task and can help other team members do the same.
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Solid team player
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as the project requires
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated teamwork and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments
- Must be able to meet E2's driving standards policy
Position Bonus Attributes:
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications
- Obtain BICSI Installer either Level 1 or Level 2 certification
E2 Benefits include: Employee paid monthly medical premiums, matching 401k, paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
DISCLAIMER: The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
TEXTING TERMS OF SERVICE: We may send text messages you have consented to receive. Message frequency may vary. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP", we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that phone number, or from any member of our team. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply.
E2 Optics At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.