Logistics Coordinator - Intermodal Operations
Alliance Shippers Inc., is one of North America’s largest privately owned global logistics and transportation service corporations. We are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Westland, MI.
The Logistics Coordinator is involved in tracking & tracing mostly intermodal loads moving throughout North America. They possess company knowledge and the ability to perform all functions necessary to solve day-to-day operational issues that may arise.
- Tracking/Tracing - Traces loads daily via websites, email, phone and update tracking information in system and excel reports
- Point of Contact - Responsible for ensuring customers are kept informed on status of their loads including offering solutions to any issue that may arise
- Customer Service - Responsible for ensuring the highest level of service is provided to our customers on a daily basis by managing the Perfect Shipment
- Accessorials - Responsible for monitoring and billing supplemental charges when incurred in accordance with Alliance and/or Customers accessorial matrix
- Documentation - Ensure any/all service failures are properly documented in order to measure our vendor's service levels via the Perfect Shipment
- Minimum high school diploma, 2 years of college or related experience a plus
- Knowledge of computers, including Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, strong customer service skills
- Previous experience in transportation and/or customs brokerage/freight forwarding preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Alliance Shippers Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.