Lexus of Stevens Creek Certified Technician
This is a full-time position with a very robust Pay Plan (Flagging start rate* commensurate on experience and Technician level) $37.50-$43.50.
- Flag rate is based upon experience, certification level, and number/status of ASE's.
- This position is 100% on site at Lexus of Stevens Creek in San Jose, CA.
Perks of working with us:
- Weekly Pay - get paid every Friday.
- 401k with a generous Company match
- Vacation (accruals earned on Full Time or Part Time status)
- Vision, dental, and medical care benefits available to any team full time team member
- Team member Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts with Corporate Partners like GE, Dell, Oakley, Yeti, Ray Ban, and many more….
- Development and growth opportunities
- Free Employee Parking
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Completes a variety of vehicle repairs from (but not limited to) oil changes to rebuilding a vehicle engine
- Diagnoses cause of malfunction and perform repairs as needed
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards
- Road tests vehicles to quality check work performed as required
- Examines vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Maintains communication with Service Advisors if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Completes all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures
- Documents all work performed and findings on repair orders and inspection sheets
- Achieves the production objectives set by management
- Provides the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management
- Maintains communication with Parts Department on status or parts
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by service management
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
- Reporting for work at assigned time to provide the level of service the Company’s guest expect and deserve
- Prior Toyota or Lexus experience, preferred
- Associates degree in mechanical technology or have graduated from automotive vocational school
- Minimum of two (2) Automotive ASE Certificates
- Minimum four (4) years line technician experience
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste
- Fully proficient in mathematical principles and application (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and percentages)
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Strong ability to coordinate activities with other employees
- Good attention to detail, and ability to read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Frequently bend, stretch, twist, or reach with their body, arms, and/or legs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including low and high temperatures, precipitation and wind, noisy environments, and small and/or enclosed spaces.
- Adjusting, moving, and lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Operating motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, and poles.
Penske Motor Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.