Lead Sales Associate
For consideration for employment you must complete an online application at https://www.abc.virginia.gov/jobs/public/positionOpening_list.do
Join A Team Crafted of Virginia's Top Shelf Talent!
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE
The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority seeks a wage Lead Sales Associate to perform retail functions involving the sale of alcohol and related merchandise. The Lead Sales Associate helps to maintain a clean, well-organized and merchandised store with a dedicated customer-first focus.
Statewide locations = $16.28 per hour
Northern Virginia locations = $19.11 per hour
This hourly position does not include employee state benefits. This position is scheduled up to 29 hours per week. Work hours will vary and may require work on evenings, weekends (including Sundays), and some holidays. May occasionally be required to work hours outside of a store’s normal operating hours, i.e. early morning on truck deliveries and/or inventory days.
· Assist customers through sales processes by demonstrating product features and benefits and helping with the payment process
· Manage sales floors and timely opening and closing of store following proper procedures for premises safety
· Maintain the store’s visual merchandising standards by ensuring that all visual displays are properly installed and maintained
· Maintain current knowledge of all products within the store and ways of applying it while servicing customers. Process customer requests for stocked and non-stocked merchandise
· Assist store managers in ensuring that stores are kept clean and in sync with organizational procedures and protocols
· Assist in setting the direction and goals for each shift and ensure that employees receive scheduled breaks and meal periods
· Support replenishment activities to ensure constant stock availability and assist with floor sets, visual presentation and signage placement
· Ascertain that a visually appealing, safe and inviting store appearance is maintained
· Act as point of contact to address customer service issues and maintenance and vendor concerns
· Provide support to the onboarding and continued training of sales associates and lead and model selling and customer service experience standards
· Keep store and regional management apprised of general operations and any incidents
· Complete required documentation for any occupational injuries or store incidents
· Complete banking procedures and bank deposits (cash accountability, store security)
· All other related duties as assigned
· At least six (6) months of customer service experience or equivalent combination or education, training, and work experience
· Ability to effectively lift and physically maneuver at least 65 lbs on a repetitive basis
· Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld digital scanners, price guns, box cutters, two-wheel dollies, handcarts, and U-boats (six-wheel carts)
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as business needs requires
· Ability to effectively collaborate, negotiate, influence and network with diverse groups including senior leadership, management, external customers, vendors, and public officials
· Reliable transportation; valid Driver's License to make bank deposits
· Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills
· Experience working in the alcoholic beverage industry
· High School diploma or GED
· Proficiency in computer application usage
· Retail, sales, and/or marketing experience and knowledge of retail operations, a working knowledge of and experience with inventory techniques and tasks, merchandise receipt, and merchandising and marketing techniques
· Extensive customer service experience including assisting/educating customers on various products
· Self-motivated with a positive attitude, ability to work independently and with a team, and a willingness to offer suggestions to enhance and optimize operational efficiencies
For consideration for employment you must complete an online application at www.abc.virginia.gov. Resumes may accompany but will not substitute for a completed State Application Form. Your completed online application MUST BE RECEIVED by Human Resources no later than 11:59 p.m. on the stated closing date.
The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority does not provide sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. ABC will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. The selected candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority has relocated to a new facility located at 7450 Freight Way Mechanicsville, VA 23116.
VA ABC is a Military-Friendly Employer, is V3 Certified, and embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: https://www.vadars.org/drs/cpid/PWContact.aspx , or call DARS at 800- 552-5019.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.28 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Virginia ABC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.