This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Lead Residential HVAC Technician - Research & Development
Helios is a venture-backed startup working to transform how heat pump systems are installed and accelerate the transition to clean, renewable electricity. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated C-20 licensed HVAC Contractor to lead our development efforts, spearhead our initial installations in California, and build our contractor team. At scale, our company will be installing millions of heat pumps per year, and this role will lay the framework enabling this dramatic growth. We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and significant growth opportunities, coupled with equity - you will own a portion of the company and its success.
As our Lead Residential HVAC technician, you will play a pivotal role in establishing our company as a leader in the residential HVAC sector. You will work with our engineering teams to develop and validate streamlined installation processes reducing installation time and increasing quality. You will oversee the installation of residential heat pump retrofits, transitioning homes from furnaces and baseboard heaters to efficient heat pump systems. Additionally, you will support the recruiting and management of a team of HVAC contractors, ensuring quality workmanship, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Lead the installation of new heat pumps systems (ducted and ductless) in residential properties.
- Educate clients on the proper usage and maintenance of their HVAC equipment.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to streamline heat pump installation processes, and conduct R&D installations in a lab environment.
- Provide proactive feedback on ways to improve heat pump systems.
- Maintain detailed records and reports of services performed.
- Assist in creating submittal templates for permitting across multiple jurisdictions.
- Recruit, train, and manage a skilled contractor team.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and industry standards.
- Hold a valid California C-20 HVAC contractor license
- Be willing to serve as a Responsible Managing Employee (RME), and not serve as a qualifier on any other active CSLB license.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HVAC contractor, with a focus on residential installations.
- Proficiency in performing equipment installations, repairs, replacements, and preventative maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication abilities.
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams and technical specifications.
- Ability to handle physical workload and work in various environments.
- Valid driver's license.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience in managing or leading a team preferred
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Full-time day shift schedule with consistent work hours.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k, dental, and medical insurance.
- Generous equity package, allowing you to own a portion of the company's success.
- Company-supplied tools and equipment.
- Opportunities for professional development and education.
- Venture-backed company with significant growth potential.
- Positive and supportive work environment.
Helios Climate Industries Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.