Lead Maintenance Technician
Ingram Micro has earned Great Place to Work Certification™ for 2022-2023 in the United States! This prestigious recognition reflects our commitment to our people and our culture.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Matching
- Vacation Time, Sick Days, and Holiday Pay
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bonus Opportunities
- HSA and FSA
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Mentorship and best in industry career growth opportunities
- Team building events including quarterly food events and meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas, food truck parties, and Spirit Week celebrations
- Fundraisers for local charities
- Basic knowledge of Rockwell Automation PLC system.
- Interpret and diagnose common encoder signal issues on conveyor systems to uncover error sources, including knowledge analyzing photo eyes and sensors.
- Electrical experience maintaining and repairing 480v and 270v motors and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoot and repair industrial machine baler functions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, scissor lifts, hand tools, and power tools.
- Recognized skilled specialist in job area. May be responsible for leading daily operations.
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
- Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level.
- Incumbents are highly proficient in a broad range of activities related to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Incumbents independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- Known in the department/group as the “knowledge base” of information.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum of five year's functional experience OR HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of functional including 4 years specific experience.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Willing to learn to operate various forklifts and comfort with heights
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented
- This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.