This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Lead Kitchen/Dietary Services- FT- Day - Hillsborough, NJ Area
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more!!!
The Lead Kitchen/Dietary Services assists with the supervision of all dietary aides, delegating tasks, training, and coaching. The lead is responsible for opening or closing of the kitchen and the oversight of the tray line service.
- Hands out daily work assignments and ensures the completion of those tasks of the Dietary Aides.
- Maintains daily assignment schedule and reassigns staff as necessary based on resources.
- Maintains proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food and clean-up.
- Logs temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, food in steam wells during service and dishwashing machines.
- Reports mechanical or equipment deficiencies to Management; places work orders.
- Oversees and makes sure that the Trayline starts on time.
- Checks the patient trays for accuracy to patient diet, menu, and allergy order.
- May train new hires as needed.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of catering functions.
- Completes weekly Pantry sanitation rounds ensuring cleanliness and proper product rotation.
- Addresses callouts and staffing shortages.
- Assists with assigning of cash draw to cashier and counts register with cashier, locking money in the safe after preparing deposits under the direction of the Manager for the multi- person verification process.
- Assists with meal, catering and supplement tracking.
- Assists with school food and nutrition regulatory record keeping.
- Completes opening/closing checklists.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Dietary Aide or equivalent industry experience.
- To work every other weekend.
- To work four (4) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedules/shifts based on needs.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
- Associates degree.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Serv-Safe Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.