This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Lead HVAC Install Technician (Residential)
Are you a senior HVAC installer looking for a new role? Do you have the caliber to step into a team leader eventually? Here at Gilmore, we keep on growing because we hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this for over 45 years here in the greater Sacramento area. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you’re the only technician that works in their home. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
The Big Tasks
- Ability to take a lead role to install a full HVAC system.
- Inspect cooper refrigerate lines, low voltage wiring, HVAC or heating systems, and duct systems.
- Must feel comfortable working in crawl spaces, or roofs in extreme weather conditions.
- Provide our customers with outstanding service while at job site or speaking with them over the phone.
- Must feel comfortable working with, training, and coaching new installers.
Key Sub Tasks
- Maintain fluid communication with the project management team, parts dependent, and senior leadership.
- Keep your company vehicle clean, inside, and out and maintain to date inventory.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance. While conducting yourself in a professional manner at all time.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training, allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
- EPA and HVAC certifications required.
- Must have the availability to install and troubleshooting systems newer systems independently.
- Mandatory three years of lead installation experience required.
- Stay up to date with HVAC industry traits and technology.
- Understanding of low voltage wiring, diagrams, and transformers.
- Physical dexterity in limbs and digits to operate hand and power-driven tools and equipment.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50lbs on a regular basis, and occasionally 100 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate long periods of exposure to inclement weather.
- Comfortable in tight confined spaces and heights, such as attics, crawl spaces, roofs and under houses.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Gilmore Heating, Air, and Plumbing At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.