Leads and coordinates the construction, installation, repair and renovation of structures and fixtures of university offices, suites and laboratories.
- Reviews and interprets blueprints, drawings, and schematics to build, maintain and repair various types of facilities and structures.
- Leads and coordinates the activities of carpenters and contractors in the repair and maintenance of university owned buildings; assigns work schedules.
- Conducts inspections of buildings, completed work and work in progress; implements changes as required and provides training and technical direction.
- Prepares reports of cost estimates, special studies and compiles information on work orders, projects and the general condition of campus buildings.
- Monitors supply of materials needed and oversees the maintenance and replacement of tools and equipment.
- May perform duties of carpenter as required.
- May serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms or hurricanes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience. Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
University of Houston At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.