Laser Technician - Night Shift
We are looking for a versatile technician to join our Product Technology and Equipment team. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of a variety of CNC laser systems, High-temperature furnaces and automation robots. You will work closely with a multi-functional team of process technicians and engineers to develop and maintain cutting-edge diamond manufacturing techniques. Previous experience with CNC machines, maintenance of industrial equipment, and or laser-optical systems is preferred but not required.
Join Diamond Foundry in revolutionizing the use of diamond from an exotic material to industry industry-standard components. Our unique team is constantly pushing the envelope of material processing, and you will be working in a fast-paced environment to support some of Diamond Foundry’s most critical projects. We are looking for people who are eager to learn and are interested in having the opportunity to contribute to new, developing processes.
This role will be focused on night and weekend shifts with a premium compensation package. The schedule will be on nights and weekends with weekly, routine overtime required.
- Set up and operate laser systems and robots for production use.
- Troubleshoot equipment that has complex computer-controlled electro-mechanical and optical systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and repairs to minimize tool downtime and increase equipment availability and reliability.
- Work with team members and independently to support and maintain good manufacturing processes and continuous improvements.
- Communicate production status and issues in a timely manner to team members and management.
- Associates degree in a technical field, military technical training, or 3+ years work experience in a related technical field.
- Ability to perform critical tasks with a high level of accuracy per procedure, with appropriate use of PPE as required to maintain a safe working environment.
- No work restrictions: This position requires standing, kneeling, reaching, climbing ladders, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able and willing to work routine overtime and on nights and weekends to meet production goals.
- Manufacturing or facilities experience is a plus.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Diamond Foundry At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.