This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Lab Maintenance Technician
Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 36 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 194 sites in 29 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance.
Purpose of the job:
The Lab Maintenance Technician role reports to the Lab Supervisor and is part of the site Process Technology Group. The Lab Maintenance Technician is responsible for coordinating maintenance activities in the building, troubleshooting equipment issues, and performing calibrations to meet ASTM & ISO requirements.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Directly responsible for understanding, promoting and upholding the INEOS 20 Principles & Life Saving Rules.
- Follow all safety/PPE rules and actively promote safety issues such as behavior based safety, safety audits, safety committee meetings, safety improvement reports, job safety analysis, safety inspections, etc.
- Proactively and continuously clean the laboratory and equipment to display and maintain the asset care & housekeeping standards necessary for a world-class organization.
- Primary point of contact for maintenance activities in the Tech Center. Coordinate with the crafts & follow through maintenance activities to ensure resolution.
- Schedule work to meet Tech Center priorities.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues to identify and/or correct source of problem, perform required routine preventative maintenance, and notify the shift team leader of any abnormalities or maintenance requirements.
- Outside vendor liaison for replacement part evaluation, obtaining quotes, & calibration services.
- Support equipment maintenance & PM schedule creation & use in SAP.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with equipment maintenance policy.
- Resource for LOTOs & permitting in the Tech Center.
- Assist with Tech center project work, and installation & commissioning of new equipment.
- Perform calibrations of equipment as required to meet ASTM & ISO requirements.
- Ensure calibration schedule is followed & deviations or notable findings are reported in Gensuite.
- Update/review/ assess calibration methods, procedures, forms to keep up with ASTM & ISO requirements and improvements in technology.
- Conduct job tasks in a professional manner utilizing good housekeeping practices and laboratory technique.
- Understand the rules of statistical process control (SPC) on laboratory test results to assure the measurement system is in statistical control.
- Participate as required on quality excellence teams or quality work teams to improve the current systems.
- Work as part of the laboratory team to accomplish organization goals.
- Follow and support the INEOS Mission, Values, Philosophies and Quality statements.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years lab, maintenance or operations experience in a chemical plant, refinery, or gas processing plant OR have successfully completed a 2-year Associate Degree in Chemical or Process Technology preferred.
- Computer Skills: E-mail, SAP, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Experience using Personal Protective Equipment preferred.
- Experience following safety procedures, including OSHA standards preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following is preferred: instrumentation, electrical, pressure, temperature, airflow, mass (gravimetric)
- Performance Bias: A bias for action – does things before being asked or forced by events
- Business Insight: Understands internal/external customer needs and strives to exceed their expectations.
- Partnership & Teamwork: Demonstrates shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider organization.
- Innovation: looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently
- Understands general laboratory analytical techniques & practices.
- Strong problem solver and exercise sound judgment
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical, functional, and interpersonal skills
- Able to set priorities and adjust as needed
- Anticipates problems and adjusts accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills & strong communicator.
- Consistently makes timely, effective decisions
- Be able to pick up a 50 lb. objects such as polymer samples or a fire extinguisher.
- Be able to walk or stand for extended periods while performing job tasks.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.