Journeyman Truck Technician / Mechanic Tuesday- Friday Nights
PAPE’ KENWORTH – SAN LEANDRO, CA
JOURNEYMAN TRUCK TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC TUESDAY-FRIDAY NIGHTS:
Do you love working on equipment and turning wrenches? Are you looking to grow your skills as a mechanic? Are you looking for not just another job, but a career? Pape’ Kenworth, the premier medium and heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer in the West, is seeking a Journeyman Level Truck Technician for their team in San Leandro.
At Pape’, you can count on us to heavily invest in your Technician career through training, resources, and support. We want to see you grow your skill set and experience, and in turn, provide excellent compensation, work-life balance, and benefits for you and your family. Come join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As our Journeyman Truck Technician, you will work on medium and heavy-duty class 7 & 8 trucks in the shop ensuring the repairs are done accurately and timely, all in an effort to support our customers and maximize their uptime. Being a journeyman, we will count on you when a tough job needs to get done. Every day, picture yourself working alongside other trained Technicians in a shop that has all the support and resources you need to perform top-notch work on heavy trucks.
This team member will work Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-10pm.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5 or more years of experience working on all makes and models of medium and heavy-duty class 7/8 trucks, including electronic troubleshooting, HVAC systems, and chassis repair.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Self-motivation and assertiveness.
- Ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
- Class B CDL or the ability to obtain one.
- Must provide own tools.
Compensation: $31-60/hr (Depending on Experience)
Why work for Pape’:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level.
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plans with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs.
- Progressive Vacation Plans, Sick Leave & Paid Holidays – Members receive 80 hours of vacation (First year is prorated for new hires based on start date), 24 hours of Sick Leave, and 7 paid holidays each year. Papé vacation plans also have tiers based on your seniority, so as your seniority grows, your vacation time off does as well.
- Advancement – Pape’ is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Pape’ is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 160 locations, over 4,500 members and 85 plus years of experience. Pape’ is known for their stability, honesty and integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
The Pape’ Group maintains a drug-free workplace and as such, requires candidates to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver License
- Commercial Driver License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Pape' Kenworth At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.